hey guys!! so, this is the first giveaway i’ve ever done and i’m really excited!
after seeing the reviews on steam for Gone Home during the summer sale (i honestly don’t think i read a single review that wasn’t positive before i played it myself, that’s…why i bought it!), i was really depressed and disappointed that this lovely little game was being trashed, when i felt that it was something beautiful, original, and would be deeply appreciated by the right audiences. so, i grabbed 5 copies to give away to you guys here on tumblr, because i think there’s a lot of people who would really enjoy it and i’d like to get them playing it! even if you’re just curious, go for it (& let me know what you think!)
some quick questions!
flux, what the hell is Gone Home
from wiki - On June 7, 1995, Kaitlin Greenbriar returns home―a mansion in Arbor Hill, Oregon willed to Kaitlin's father by his uncle, Oscar Masan―not long after midnight on a stormy night after a yearlong trip abroad. She spots a note on the door from her sister, Samantha, telling her to not go looking for answers as to where she is. As she enters the house Kaitlin realizes nobody is home, not even her parents, so she investigates the house to find out where they all are. Players guide Kaitlin through this process, learning some things known to Kaitlin along with new facts about her family and their experiences over the past year.
aka it’s an first person perspective exploration game about unraveling the story of non-sexualized queer girls in the 90’s, among a bunch of other stories about your family. it’s a story that will stay with me for years, and i don’t want to spoil too much but it really is excellent and touching.
but i’m not a gamer i won’t like —
half or more of the criticism i’ve seen this game get is that it’s not “a real game” (whatever the fuck that means…and trust me, i could start getting political about how this one particular narrative gets so much hate but that’s for a different post) so i really ENCOURAGE people who aren’t gamers to give this a shot! you walk around and look at things, you don’t need good reflexes, there’s no time limits, it’s like portal without the puzzle part.
my computer is really crappy though :(
LOL i hear you - i played it on a litle tiny worn-out netbook that was SO not made to run video games!! sure, it really struggled to run it, and it was a little jammed up/laggy in places, but since you take your time with this game anyway, i didn’t mind at all! i think you should be good, this isn’t that intensive of a game for your computer to run. should be ok!
i already own it!
SWEET. if you wanna reblog it to let your followers see, that’s fine, just pop me a note in my inbox or your tags to lemme know you’re not entering, or if you want me to send it to a friend, that’s fine too, lemme know when you win! ♥
i’m going to use a random number generator thing to do the giveaway with, and the copies are on steam so you need steam, i would think, lol.
- one reblog & one like count as entries…
- (but you’ll only get counted entering once for each, twice total)
- and if you write a comment about why you’d like to play it (it can seriously be a short sentence, or whatever you feel like writing)
- …that’s certainly going to improve your chances!
YOU DON’T HAVE TO FOLLOW ME TO WIN. but i have reserved 2 copies for my CURRENT followers. don’t follow me just for the contest, because that sucks for everyone involved, lol. the other 3 are fair game (teehee) for everyone! so go for it! contest ends on the 15th! :)
G i v e a w a y t i m e !
We, hythmknwy and kaniehtiio, haven’t done a giveaway in a while, and we love you guys a lot, so how better to rack up your anticipation for the up-coming Dragon Age game?! There will be three winners for this:
- FIRST PLACE: Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe, a gaming art book (see below for selection) and a Pop! Vinyl figure of choice
- SECOND PLACE: Dragon Age: Inquisition (regular version) and a Pop! Vinyl figure of choice
- THIRD PLACE: a gaming art book (see below for selection) and a Pop! Vinyl figure of choice
HOW THIS IS GOING TO WORK:
- This giveaway is international. If you win first or second place, we will pre-order your Dragon Age game from here. If your country is not included here, we will give you an Amazon gift card with funds equivalent to how much the game costs, and you can pre-order it yourself
- You choose which console your game is for
- If you have already pre-ordered Dragon Age, or you intend to purchase the Deluxe or Inquisitor’s Edition, we will give you an Amazon voucher equal to the value of the game so you can buy a different game
- THIS PAGE shows the selection of art books we are willing to purchase as prizes
- You may choose any Pop! Vinyl figure on Amazon (but preferably £15 or under)
- (Please note that Dragon Age is released on different days for different countries. We also take no responsibility for any acts of God disturbing your punctual gaming experience, such as lateness in delivery, you missing the parcel, or an angry dragon eating the postman)
- Must be following both hythmknwy and kaniehtiio!
- To enter, reblog this post. The winners will be selected with a random number generator. Likes do not count, but you can reblog as much as you want
- If you win and ask for an Amazon gift card, we expect you to at least buy a game, if only out of fairness and pure common decency (if you reblog this giveaway, please at least want DA:I)
- When the giveaway is over, you must have your ask box open and respond within 48 hours
- Obviously you have to be comfortable with giving us your address
- You really should be 18+ but as long as your mum isn’t going to be after our blood we don’t really care
- No giveaway blogs
- Ends August 20th 2014 at midday GMT
- Feel free to message us with any questions!
HOME STRETCH! We’ve almost done the whole 3B, guys, which means you’re almost completely free of me spamming these things to you every weekend. (Not that I won’t continue to do them, but I’ll definitely make it less of a scheduled reoccurrence). I said I’d do one for each episode and I’m too close to stop now.
- Someone gets a lacrosse hoodie.
- Any size, any character
- Shipped anywhere
- One like, one reblog. Don’t be a jerk, don’t spam. You’ll break the notes and everyone will be upset.
- Winners picked with a random number generator.
- Giveaway ends MARCH 10th, 11:30PM EST